Thursday, March 26, 2009

Are You Pure Enough To Chuck A Squirrel?

South Park is like the Simpsons in that when you look back to the first few seasons when it was huge in popular culture, the show itself was pretty lousy. I've only caught a few episodes since then (Smug Alert!, Cartoon Wars I & II) and they have all been great. I guess the quality of a show is inversely proportional to lunchbox licensing sales.

This week's episode addresses the current economic crisis and its solution through analogy with the life of Jesus. Trust me, it works. Also, I appreciate the shots taken at the Margaritaville blenders I keep seeing at Bed Bath and Beyond (I guess it qualifies as Beyond?), William Sonoma, and the like. I've always wondered why anyone would need a huge plastic blending machine that cost seven times the price of a regular blender and is the size of a small car. That extra $300 buys a lot of Tequila and limes (which average 8 for a buck in Houston).

No comments:

Post a Comment